Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
To maximize sales of beauty products and services sold by Shoppers Drug Mart to customers by providing information, advice, application, counsel and instruction, while achieving excellence in sales and customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales Expectations
- Maximizes sales and awareness of promotional programs
- Identifies customers’ needs and sells through demonstration and education
- Possesses a “selling is fun” attitude
- Promotes sales of beauty products; provides information on new or existing products and services; conducts demonstrations
- Promotes sales through encouraging customers to participate in the PC Optimum program
- Introduces and promotes “beautyBoutique.ca” to customers
- Ensures prestige and derm brands are tracked and that daily targets are achieved
- Seeks out development such as through workshop/education sessions to ensure product knowledge is current
- Introduces and promotes Assisted Selling to customers
- Promote a positive environment for customers and coworkers
- Provides superior customer service, consultations, demonstrations, etc. (ie. make-up applications, skin care consultations, and fragrance demonstrations)
- Builds customer loyalty through follow up and repeat business
- Resolves customer complaints within guidelines
- Uses tools and resources provided to demonstrate expertise, to build customer loyalty, and to grow sales. These tools include but are not limited to: beautyRX Derm Tools: Moisture Checker and Video Microscope, • Assisted Selling and eClienteling through iPad, vendor or corporate gift with purchase items, PC Optimum points program, samples, corporate offers, Cosmetics and Makeup Brushes for application on Customers, etc.
- Actively uses eClienteling to provide superior customer service and maximize sales, and to help reach department targets on all eClienteling metrics
- Actively promote and book appointments for in-Store events
- Exhibits and promotes the company’s products and services and provides information to interested parties
- If Beauty Expert is a specific brand captain, ensures they attend appropriate vendor schools
- Attends workshop/education sessions and learn through other online offerings to ensure product knowledge is current and up to date ie. SDMU, vendor schools, cosmetics web based training, YouTube, etc.
- Adheres to Cosmetics Operating Standards
- Completes all required sales tracking forms
- Implements eClienteling functions as a daily practice to support sales
- Demonstrates a professional image, including clean and complete image guidelines, uniform as outlined in Store Standards with name badge, and full make up wearing only cosmetic and fragrance brands that Shoppers Drug Mart sells
- Utilizes Derm Centre (if applicable) when conducting Skin Care Demonstrations and consultations aiming to achieve “3” per eight hour shift or “1” per four hour shift.
- Adheres to image/uniform guidelines and wears pager or headset at all times (if applicable).
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed in the department
- Acts professionally at all times
- Perform other duties as required
- Planning, Judgment and Decision Making
- Independent thinking and decision – making when dealing with customer issues and devise appropriate solutions
- Selling skills in Cosmetics/ luxury goods
- Proven consultative skills to provide information, advice and guidance to customers on Shoppers Drug Mart beauty products and services
- Selling experience with a proven track record
- A good knowledge of various beauty products and services available
- Ability to conduct sit down makeup and skincare consultations and demonstrate application
- Strong communication skills to make presentations, instruct individuals and groups on the use of cosmetics
- Commitment to providing excellence in customer service
- Punctual and reliable
- Customer service oriented
- Comfort level learning and implanting daily usage of the in-store tools and applications (ex: iPad, derm tools)
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to work in a fragrance filled environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
- Ability to bend and stretch to stock shelves
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada’s diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
PHONE: (604) 536-8211
LOCATION: Semiahmoo Shopping Centre 15105 16 Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, V4A 6G3
PHONE: (604) 461-4030
LOCATION: 3215 St Johns St, Port Moody, BC V3H 3E1
|Job Category||Fashion & Makeup|