Acting under the supervision of the Clinic Director, the Skincare Specialist’s role is to carry out customer treatments. She also follows up with customers and occasionally conducts personalized consultations.
1. Treatment and Consultation Management
· Evaluate customer needs.
· Recommend treatments and provide occasional consultations.
· Carry out treatments according to protocols.
· Build customer loyalty through post-treatment follow-ups and the sale of products, among others.
2. Administrative Follow-up
· Take customer photos.
· Prepare sales and consultation statistics for management.
· Verify the accuracy of orders, and follow up on commissions.
· Keep the treatment protocols book up to date.
Required professional qualifications and experience:
· Professional aesthetics diploma.
· Certification on clinic-specific platforms/technologies would be an asset.
· At least two (2) years of experience in a similar role.
· Spoken and written languages: full proficiency in English, Mandarin would be an asset.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Knowledge of scheduling systems would be an asset.
Required personal competencies:
· Be available for evening or weekend work, as required.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills.
· Honest and trustworthy.
· Demonstrated initiative and autonomy.
· Ability to respect work procedures.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly understand customer needs.
Part-time hours: 20-24 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Commission pay
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Weekend availability
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- aesthetician: 2 years (preferred)
|Job Category||Nails & Spa|